Saturday 15 August 2015

Amen to the Journey Ahead





About to embark on a journey, a really big one and where does my help come from? Yes I am still on this matter because it is necessary at every point to remember and let it sink in. We forget often that God is near and not that far from us, He sees what we see and hears what we hear.  It is so easy to forget when we are chasing life, as an observer I love people watching and trust me that is a hobby except for the judgemental thing or turning up my nose like I am superior. I watch and and listen not to what people say but what they do and the source of their confidence. 
However, there is a danger in this habit, it is easy to begin to think that yeah I can do that! It is even easier than my own path, maybe I should jump on board that ship because hey this one ain't moving at all or maybe it is too slow. And you know what? I don't blame or judge you, we live in a quick fix generation and imitation is the best form of flattery until you have travelled so far along a road that is not yours to begin with. 

Don't do it!

As I write, already switched off social media, such as Twitter and Instagram for clarity; not wanting to be clouded by tweets and grams about other people's lives and what they are doing which equals less external, more internal influence. Everything you need to start is already within you!

But really where does our help come from? 
The Word of God, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Mighty One that sit on the Throne of Grace, a God who goes before, overcoming and overreaching way more than we could go on our own. Our help comes from God, Jesus our Lord and Saviour, the One who keeps everything together through every season and the next.  I know more than ever, that I will never understand everything but trust in the process because it is for His Story, your story, our story, His Glory, "Godfidence" in my faith and believe in Him as I prepare and ponder the next steps. The upcoming month of September has that effect on me, "for I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)

I feel like when we have options, we will always have ways of justifying disobedience and doing it anyway, some call it luck, hard work etc but that is just a bullshit way of living when you have had an encounter with the immerse grace of God and it the realest thing I have experienced. To be honest, I have had real spiritual moments that are so surreal I could live in that realm forever. So I don't want that, whatever bullshit or me me lifestyle but a spirit filled life, that's always tuned in to the Holy Spirit.

Lord knows that no matter how much I pray on bended knees or throw my hands up in the air like I don't care,  *waving* that I am not perfect. I have never held myself out to be perfect but constantly speak about breaking the habit of not listening. We don't listen because we are influenced by so much of the things around us and I know that I don't always get it right, and for that reason I will continue to pray for depth, take me deeper Lord, help exhaust my self dependency, pride, can-do alone attitude so that I will have no more corners to turn too but You. 

*sigh* 'A life where I am actually living, continuously loving and unconditional happy, surrounded by love, gratitude and doing it all for your glory'. 

I pray that I get it right, resounding peaceful that I am on the right path. Oh I am a little bit scared to be honest but I feel this quite little voice telling me that I am ready.


Prayer for the journey ahead
Dear Jesus, you are the all-knowing and overseer of life, rich in mercy, abundant in grace and source of our sufficiency. 
I bring the desires of my heart before you,  asking you to filter the unnecessary, selfish ambitious, and attitude. 
I pray for more of your whispers, bold declarations, speaking life into my life where I am incomplete, stripe me bare for your glory and grant me favour on this journey in Jesus name. 
Because it is not by might but your grace,  therefore I praise your holy name; worshipping you with all my heart and life. 
Thank you Lord for your faithfulness.
Amen 

I write from a place of love.

Beautiful Beloved BelievedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to share your comments and opinions or post a link to your blog if you are a blogger as well!
Email beautifulbelovedbelievedin@gmail.com
Beautiful Beloved Believed In xxx