Thursday 11 June 2015

What I Know For Sure

 You are chosen with a purpose, gifted and talented with everything you need within your grasp. You are closer than you know with each passing day, if only you stop seeing yourself through the lens of your limiting beliefs, but fan into flames the gifts in you, for his glory.

"All Scripture are God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God, may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3: 16-17

I am not where I use to be and I thank God for the encouragement to be able to spend more time with his Word. Scriptures are making more sense as I am able to connect it with my everyday life and hearing God speak is not a coincidence. I remember sitting listening to sermons, often thinking wow, how did S/he do that, serving mind-blowing messages like that. I asked myself what is the secret? I once desired ministry school (it can still happen) because I love God but could not get into the Word. Hello!!! KJV is so ancient and I never thought I could ever get. It was agonizing wanting everything to make sense, waiting for Sunday sermons with that quivering fear that I might never get it on my own like that and be bold. 

I WANT. I WANT. I WANT. We were not created to shrink but live flourishing lives with ambition to unearth who we are.

See, it is not by might nor by power but by my spirit says the Lord (Zechariah 4: 6). Insatiable hunger to know more has changed my life, meaning I now look at what is in my hand rather than at what I want, knowing my hand represents the gifts, talents and abilities that dwells within me. I am convinced that God will not ask us to do something if he hasn't already figured that you are able. We might not know it, but he does. 

So I write in my journal. Encourage myself. Pray. Kneel. Read the Word he has placed in my hand, seeking, letting him speak into my soul, unraveling mystery that is I. I may not totally know or foresee everything but with each breathe, I see the possibilities and meditate on the words I hear. 

Six spiritual tool belts I picked up at team night this week. Encouragement. Faithfulness. Honor. Generosity. Excellence. Thankfulness. 

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the power of him who called you out of darkness into the wonderful light (1 Peter 2: 9). I believe God is calling us as a generation to speak, encourage and excel in the present. More than ever, there are extraordinary fiery women preaching and dropping the Word of God through, books, seminars, conferences etc. But huh? Don't even think about it!. We can all make a difference together and serve one another. A new world order has arrived in the form of social media, with platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and it is addictive as we follow, imitate and prey into the lives of the other half.  But simple words of encouragement in 140 characters or an upload can save a life or awaken a dead spirit, breathing new life into a day that started on the wrong foot.

What gift, talent or ability do you see within yourself? Do you own it? Listen to Paul's writing in 1 Timothy 3- 11-14 "Command and teach this things. Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young...until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scriptures, to preaching & teaching. Do not neglect your gift...." I believe this is very much relevant and applicable to us as we live in Christ. I know that it can be hard and I also speak for me on this but we are able because of a God who loves us, as well as holding his hands to us all-day & nightlong. 

Prayer: Lord I do not want to be baffled by your Word or sick with that feeling that I am not good enough but confident that I will be ambitious with my gifts for your glory. 
I know for sure that I am chosen with a purpose, swept up in your love and guided by your spirit. 
I know for sure that all I want is you, you, you all day long.
I know for sure that every breathe I take is because of you.
Amen

I write from a place of love.

Beautiful Beloved BelievedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to share your comments and opinions or post a link to your blog if you are a blogger as well!
Email beautifulbelovedbelievedin@gmail.com
Beautiful Beloved Believed In xxx