Friday 10 October 2014

From the Nest: On Failure, Rejection and Disappointments


A few minutes ago, I had the most devastating news ever. “We are so sorry, but you were unsuccessful for the role, we just had better candidates” Would you like a feedback?  To which I answered yes! “We had a lot of responses and some really strong candidates that had more experiences for the role; it wasn’t so much about you”.  It is super frustrating chasing my dreams, I have become such an experienced job hunter it starting to hurt and the scars aren’t a pretty sight. Some days I feel great, full of expectation and aim fifty shades higher than my skills just because  it is one of those days and I truly believe in what I have to offer.
Then there is the ‘I wish something good would happen days’ where I am literally hitting the apply button without consideration, at least I am putting it out there, because I might get lucky. This one didn't feel that way, after allllllllll that preparation, carefully selected catchphrase, well research supporting statement, I got offered an interview. This just blew my brains out of the water, I mean yes, and there was no questions in my mind that it was ‘The One’, but not so it appears.
It hurts and also very humbling to realise that it wasn’t just for me. Did I prepare? Yes. Did I put in prayers and even got my team to pray about it? Yes. Was I over confident? Yes I was up till a point of arrogance, urgh it hurts and my feelings are bruised. But as ever, thank God again for this disappointment because it wasn’t meant to be and I will continue to place my hope in the plans he has for me.
It is hard-core rejection for me, seems to be something I have become quite acquainted with in this season of my life, getting more no’s than yes, been overlooked by the people in my life, coming last like it is an accomplishment, no hurray’s at the end of the race and picking up myself like a pro.
But hey, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future….” Jerimiah 29:11


Beautiful Beloved Believed in. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to share your comments and opinions or post a link to your blog if you are a blogger as well!
Email beautifulbelovedbelievedin@gmail.com
Beautiful Beloved Believed In xxx